Nominations are NOW OPEN for Officer and Trustee Positions, to lead and administer OPSEU Local 561, representing the full-time and Appendix D Support Staff workers at Seneca College.
Positions to Be Elected
- 1st Vice President
- 2nd Vice President
- Membership Secretary
- Recording Secretary
- Chief Steward
- Trustees (2)
Who is Eligible to be Nominated?
Any elected steward of OPSEU Local 561 can be nominated for any of the above positions, except for Trustees. Trustees can only be nominated from Members of the Local who are NOT stewards, as their role is to audit the Local’s financial records. A list of newly elected stewards is attached. Stewards can only accept nomination for one (1) position.
Who is Eligible to Nominate an Officer or Trustee (or Vote)?
You must be a Union Member in Good Standing to nominate someone for an officer or trustee position in the Local. All of our members are in good standing, therefore everyone who has signed a union card to officially join the Union is eligible to nominate someone or vote in our election. If you have not signed a union card, you can contact any of the stewards on the attached list, or come to the Union Office at Newnham (B4060) on Monday afternoons for a warm welcome and orientation.
How to Nominate and Accept Nomination
Valid nominations must be received in writing by Local Returning Officer, Adrian Klymenko, prior to Midnight on Saturday, December 3rd, 2016.
1. To Nominate by Email
- Send an email from your college email account, and copy the person you are nominating
- Include the name of the nominee and position
- Have the Nominee REPLY ALL from their college email to officially accept nomination for that position.
2. To Nominate by Paper / Inter-office Mail
- Provide a short letter including your name, signature, the name of the person you are nominating, and the position.
- Have the Nominee sign a statement agreeing to stand for that position. This can be on the same paper or on a separate paper.
- Mail the nomination to Adrian Klymenko, ITS Department, Seneca@York.
All nominations will be acknowledged, and nominations that are not clear or do not contain the above information will be returned to the nominator for correction.